This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Version 2

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Since the project is starting to gain some attention, I want to say a few things.
  • Thank you!
  • I am receiving your reports and code suggestions. Nothing is being ignored or thrown away.
  • Version 2 is in the works. It is pretty much a complete re-write from the bottom up. I plan to restore and extend the whole thing. I do not have a projected timeline, unfortunately. I just want to assure everyone that this project has not been abandoned.
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I'm really excited for version 2. Do you know if it's going to incorporate some additional Hyper-V management capabilities? I'm using the PSHVM30 that's been integrated into Corefig 1.1, and I think it's a great tool. Also, how's the development coming along?

At any rate, thank you so much for this great tool! It's been a lifesaver.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:46 PM
My goal for CoreFig 1 was to make CoreConfig work in 2012.
My goal for CoreFig 2 is to rework all the extant functionality into a script that is more suited for a 2013/2014 PowerShell paradigm. I am very specifically trying to avoid scope creep. So, I will try to rectify the problems that I find with the existing Hyper-V interactions in CoreFig, but I am not yet trying to extend capabilities. That said, the tools I have available are much more powerful and much easier to use than what was available when CoreConfig was developed, so if it doesn't blow the project out of shape, I may extend it somewhat in version 2.
Versions 3+ will be about feature extensions. Those releases will almost certainly occur more quickly than CoreFig 2 just because of the framework that I'm developing.

Development is going very slowly, unfortunately. I have my hands in a lot of projects, and sadly, this is lowest priority. It is proceeding, however.
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM
That makes a lot of sense. I think the integration with PSHVM is more than enough for basic management, and I would much rather have a better Corefig than a haphazardly extended one (not that it isn't great already!).

Thanks again for your hard work; I'll be watching for updates. =)